View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 01:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabb View Post
Nice to see some work on your car.
How much will that coroplast cost you (in PLN) and what is it called in PL? Maybe I'll find a shop here in Lodz.
In Polish it is called 'polipropylen kanalikowy', comes in sheets of 1600mm x 2000mm or 2000mm x 3000mm, 3mm to 5mm thick, and costs under 20 PLN.
Here is one company I found: Folplex, and here is one which has a store in Lodz: Tuplex. I haven't been to the store yet, so I can't say how good the material is.
Quote:
BTW - You've stated that DRL will shave 150-200W energy consumption. As far as I know maximum power for headlight bulbs is 55W each so it's going to be 110W max. You still need position lights. However I think that changing other bulbs for LED replacements will give you some nice gain.
With normal lights the dash board lights are also on (5-8 bulbs with 5-20W per bulb), but I'd like to wire the DRLs to be on only with position lights and no cabin lights. I've already replaced two position bulbs, and two flasher bulbs, with LEDs.

EDIT: As of May 4 (or May 20) 2009, Polish DRL law has been changed to comply with European DRL law, so position lights are no longer required with DRLs. This saves even more watts, and allows for much simpler wiring

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread

Last edited by Piwoslaw; 07-06-2009 at 09:01 AM..