View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 01:52 AM   #1932 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Hey dlaing! hmmm... That is a really really good idea. We might even be able to do some sort of spectrum spreading thing so it just sounds like white noise (maybe with a lookup table? I still have 92% of the data section available for just such emergencies.)

What's it like to sit there and have all these awesome ideas just come to you? You make it look so easy! I really need to do motor current tests. I can only see an approximation to battery amps on my $1.99 volt meter (yes, that's right, amps on a volt meter hehe. It was super sneaky!). I can get lots of awesome data, if only I had some sort of hyper-terminal to send the info to from the controller. I really really really need to get a working laptop. I'm saving up for one right now. I'm all the way to $0 hehe.

Hey! Joe might have a laptop! I'm mailing him his controller on Monday or Tuesday. He can experiment with that if he wants! He is definitely going to want to try tricky stuff to keep things cool I bet. He lives in friggen arizona for crying out loud!

slurryguy: You read me like a book! It is a horrifying experience turning the car on for the first time, and stepping on the gas pedal. Man, I was scared!