View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #104 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Well, I am selling the van. I'm actually trying to trade it for a newer Ninja 250, possibly even up. I'd also look at other bikes, but I'm really stuck on the Ninja.

As far as maintenance, the tires for my old Ducati-clone were never even close to $375... I think the two times I bought tires, they were about $200 for both... pretty much the same price as a half-assed set of car tires. (Which I never buy new) That on top of the fact that there are always decent used tires (from last season) on craigslist and in the paper.

If your Passport's tires need to be changed every 1000 miles, you need to look into a harder tire compound. You could actually use a low-speed high-load trailer tire safely on a Passport/Ruckus. (Load range C tires would last for damn near forever on a scoot.)

Chances are, if I get another bike, I'll put 10k a year on it, just like I do every other vehicle I have. I'm not the kind of guy that stops riding because it's not 70* outside. I've ridden in the middle of winter, and would do it again, although not for a long distance. (Few miles to the store, maybe.)