View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 03:46 PM   #39 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn D. View Post
The local tire shop I worked in during college removed the shipping anticorrosion coatings, Pep Boys removed the anticorrosion coatings when I worked there after college, and I've always removed the anticorrosion coatings. All of the rotors I've bought lately were not coated with the oily stuff, though -- they were wrapped in anticorrosion paper which does not leave much behind (but which I cleaned off anyhow).

Anyhow, my anecdotes don't fit in with the zeitgeist here, which is "Don't question anything anybody says here, only provide 'attaboys' and cheerleeding" so why does it matter?
Shawn, if you knew about the product, why not have introduced it a few posts ago? Instead of appearing inflammatory, I mean.

As far as the bold part of the quote... Well, that's just feeling sorry for yourself. I'm sorry, but that's exactly what it is. Saying things like that will get nothing changed, and if you expect to change the way people react to you, that's not the way to do it. But who am I to tell you? You know, I'm sure.

Anecdotes, opinions, and "evidence" based in either situation are not generally accepted as fact. If people just accepted an anecdote as fact, without analyzing and deciding for themselves, I could just tell you that I'm 435 years old, and we know that's not true.

Regardless of what you were taught at any point in life, criticism works in both directions, and simply saying "hare-brained idea" or the like, is NOT constructive, no matter how it's put.

Constructive would be actually adding input, not disparaging the input of others. Saying something won't work can be considered constructive, if you include a reason why. Even if it's just opinion, it's still better than nothing.