View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 08:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Total destruction :(

I had some free time this afternoon and decided I would tape the Kardboard Kammback and wheelskirts on while I drove to check out a road for potential testing. So, the sun is shining, I got everything on (used a whole roll of tape to make sure nothing flies off)), I even painted one of the skirts with some old spray paint I found in the depths of the garage, I put the key in the ignition, and... it starts POURING It was short, but intense. A 10 minute downpour (filled and overflowed our 220-liter rainbarrel in under 5 minutes). All I could do was run to the house and take a pic.

What you see in the picture is now called a Sagging Soggyback and a Soggyskirt. Ruined. Totally destroyed. After 10 minutes the sun came out again and I had to pull all of that tape off. Those cardboard templates were supposed to be the stars of next Sunday morning's testing. Now you can squeeze water out of them.

So what's next? I dunno I used up my best double cardboard, I don't have enough time or will to fight traffic from one end of the city to the other just to buy a sheet of coroplast, even if I did I won't have enough time to make new skirts and a Kammy before Sunday morning, next weekend is out of the question. And the forecast is more rain for as far as anyone can tell. It's been raining here for the past two months, have I mentioned that enough times yet?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	soggyback.jpg
Views:	2003
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	3812  

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread