View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 11:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
zjrog
Ecomod noob

ZJ - '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Upcountry
90 day: 20.57 mpg (US)

Neon - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 33.46 mpg (US)

S'Crew - '02 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT
90 day: 16.4 mpg (US)

Ranger - '90 Ford Ranger
Last 3: 28.02 mpg (US)

Not the Jeep - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 34.11 mpg (US)
Still the cause/effect of CO2 and warming hasn't been settled, or is it warming creates higher CO2 levels? The planet has had higher concetrations of CO2 before man without high temeratures. As long as we have only computer models to go off of, which more often than have poor data sets to begin with, everything is slightly better than pure conjecture. Easy to skew the datasets a tiny bit to get the outcome that matches your beliefs/theories.

Solar activity has to have some bearing in all this as well. Reduced solar activity

I have an inherent distrust of industry funded research as well as government/UN IPCC funded research. As I stated above. But I also don't know of a way to provide the true independent research that OUGHT to be done.

I think we as a populace love to be scared. Scared of impending doom. In the 50s, 60s, and 70s we had the Soviet threat and MAD, and near certain nuclear destruction. Also in the 70s we were warned of peak oil and the coming ice ages. In the 80s we had the ozone hole, which actually changes size and shape quite regularly. But GW or Global Climate Change if you want, puts a fear in people and leaves you with nobody in particular to be afraid of. So emotions become important.

Want to know what really scares me? The planet's magnetic field is changing. It has done this in the past as well. But there is nothing we can do about this. The field does a lot, including protecting us from the harmful radiations of the sun...