View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #1964 (permalink)
sawickm
ReVolt Enthusiast

New Current Sensor ???

"So, I believe we should change from a LEM 300 to a LEM 500 or 600. Sorry Joe! I mailed yours a couple days ago. It sounds like you will do some hard driving, so we probably need to get you a LEM 500 or 600. It's easy to unbolt the LEM and stick in a new one. You will have to reprogram the microcontroller with the new LEM in mind. I'll make the necessary changes and I can email you the program if you want. Those dang things are like $27! Makes me mad! I'm glad we haven't done a large group order yet! That would suck. I think I have enough from donations to order a LEM 500 for you, Joe. Adrian is sort of far away. Hmm... I'm not sure what to do about that."

Hi Paul,

I read about this Current Sensor IC (Sentron CSA-1V) in another forum that is designing an AC motor controller. Check out there datasheet and application info (see link below). The sensor is rated up to 1000 Amps. A pcb would have to be made with with a connector and some descrete parts. That would needed to be mounted directly to the buss bar with nylon screws. The good news is the low cost of this sensor around $2.00, plus the cost of the PCB and descrete parts.

Search