View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #40 (permalink)
SVOboy
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA32R View Post
I agree that that's possible, but the question is what he plans to do when he finally has to deliver something? Declare bankruptcy and hope for the best having tried to hide a bunch of money offshore? Leave the country?

It was easier for Madoff, all he had to do was deliver money, which he got from new investors. This enabled him to keep the scam going for years. Pelmear has to deliver engines. Is he really going to say "gee, I thought you guys understood that the mileage figures don't count the ethanol being burned"? His site explicitly denies that that's what he's doing.

He's not a total moron, as best I can tell he's a reasonably skilled speed shop operator. He must have a plan of some sort to get himself out of the mess he's creating.
This is basically how venture capital on the internet works. You get a lot of money to make a site and say "well figure out how to make money later, once we have spent all the investors money."

However, when the time comes they dont make money and the investors end up paying for the tech nerds to drink cafe lattes while they fiddle around with whatever since nothing of their own is on the line.

So, taking orders before being product construction, I am sure, will allow for money to live while production is "delayed" and "problems" are "reanalyzed," etc.

And no one will question out their because of misguided pride in american industry, when really the only industry employed is misdirection, boasting, and deception.