View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 03:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
JacobAziza -

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobAziza View Post
Yep, where I am going is different every trip, so no, no real way to optimize.[/I]

Quote:
Also, around here the streets parallel to the main streets either have speed bumps, stop signs every block, or are actually blocked off to through traffic with concrete barriers.
Rats, that would drive me nuts. I like to say "I am a drop in the river of traffic". When that saying works I can flow *around* the rough spots with minimal MPG loss.

Quote:
I am not aware of any street in any city near me that has timed lights, and in the downtown areas there are lights every single block.
Early on I had these "magic runs" where I drove maybe 6 miles on Rosemead Blvd without hitting a stop light. I think that happened once or twice total. Also, it changes by city. You cross one intersection and it gets all messed up.

Quote:
On the freeways traffic slows to full stop and crawl during both rush hours, and often backs up to crawl at random other times as well.
Often, I don't drive home until after 8 PM.

Quote:
On the plus side, I can easily walk to the grocery, hardware, auto store, taqueria and pizza from my house, and bike to my 2nd job.
I can walk to restaurants from home, but my job is 35 miles away. That's *the* biggest reason I am here.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society