View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 10:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Can you install a block heater? Do you know how to install a vacuum gauge? Do you think you could figure it out?

Being broke isn't a good reason to not do things. Invest more time and thought than money, and you're still going to come out ahead. It just takes longer.

Money tends to be a substitute for thinking and ingenuity... "Why should I think of a way to do this if I can just go buy it?"

Except, that doesn't work when you can't "just go buy it", especially when it's due to lack of funds. You've obviously got internet, so google a few DIY solutions to things.

You could save a LOAD of money by just learning how to fix your own car. Mechanics are rip offs because they can be, and you won't know the difference anyway. Mechanics usually assume that you have no idea what they're talking about when they changed your Kneuter Valve... and thus, they can overcharge you for it, because they're better actors than Mechanics. I think some schools probably teach them to act, so they can get more money with less information. :Rolleyes: