View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 12:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
mcmahon.craig
Needz Moar Jiggawatts

Yet Another EV Project - 1975 EVA Metro (Renault 12) Restomod

So tomorrow, I shall be moving my EV project into the garage with the intention of getting into much mischief.

However, I don't have pictures of the Metro yet, so I will start the thread with some pictures of cool stuff in the garage I have finally finished clearing out so I actually can start the fun stuff.

Here's what's in the images:
1) The battery drawer in one of our yet unfinished EVs; holds 8 golf cart batteries. More tomorrow when I can get a decent picture.

2) The GE motor, adapter, and VW aircooled transmission on same. You can also see the heatsink for the Curtis 1231C (pretty sure...).

3) Assorted bits and pieces. On floor, left to right: old gasoline water heater from Metro, a Lister-Petter diesel engine to be used for BD experiments, and a Variac bad-boy EV charger. On table, an ancient vacuum tube power supply (in box) and an armature growler (red).

4) More EV parts storage. In this case, two 48V Lester golf-cartish chargers and enough wiring for a small house.

5) A shelf of EV parts. There is a 13"-ish DC motor on the floor and - I think - a Cableform Pulsomatic MK X under the bottom shelf. I don't know what else there is but there's a lot of it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	battery-drawer.JPG
Views:	518
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	3840   Click image for larger version

Name:	eltruck-motor2.JPG
Views:	388
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	3841   Click image for larger version

Name:	otherbits.JPG
Views:	334