View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 09:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
adamj12b
Master EcoModder

EVVette - '71 Chevy Corvette Coupe
Thanks guys for all the kind comments and advice! Its people loving my projects that gives me motivation to work hard on something to show off.

@ AmpEater: Dont worry about the controller. While Im not ready to let the details out yet, I will say its Very Capable. About the motors, Im not worried about the difficulty with mounting or wiring 2. We both are electricians as well and I have a deep background in electronics engineering. For the actual mounting part...Well I have 2 CNC milling machines and a manual lathe, as well as tig, mig, and oxy/actl welding outfits. I plan on manufacturing everything myself, From the adaptor plate and coupler down to the new digital instrument cluster.

@ TheSGC and Frank: Im hoping to use lithium even if it is a small pack, I can fit 1 string of 45 LFP160 TS's weighing in at 555lbs. Thats 3 times less then 24 optimas...and a bit more capacity. Its just shy of 8k bucks though. So I dont know yet.

@ Frank: I have seen the Volt Vette before, but did not know about the other one. Im going to be emailing him as he only lives about 1 hour away from me!! The 74 vette is also a C3 so the 2 cars are alot alike. I will see if he has ran into anything I should know about.

@ stevey_frac and robchalmers: You can check out the website @ Welcome to EVVette.com for more pictures.

-Adam

You can download RTD Explorer for the Cougar controllers at www.EVVette.com