View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
AmpEater
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSGC View Post
I found in my conversion, that the adapter plates and the coupling was the easiest, only second to removing the engine. The hardest part was waiting for the parts and wiring up all the little electronics, finding out that you need a few trips to Radio Shack for relays and connectors, then wiring up more.

About battery prices, 24 Optima's is about $5.1K and the same amount of lithium to get the same power as those Optima's is about$ 5.9K, so why even go with lead? You get about Half the useful power from lead acid batteries, and with lithium you get most of the power. So, in theory, 144v 120 Ah LiFePO4 is better than 144v 200 ah lead sled, due to the difference in Puekert's Effect and the difference in weight.
First of all, weird. I'll bet your background is more in machining and/or auto work, whereas mine is electronics. Guess its all relative.

And excellent point about the cost of lead....gone are the days of "cheap lead now, lithiums later"....if you're dropping 5-6k on batteries anyway......