View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 01:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmf View Post
Three out of eight thousand.
Maybe were not advertising in the right places?
Judging from the picture in the avatar, the starter of the Help me build hybrid trike thread may also be a woman. I wrote 'may' since the picture is the only evidence.

But as Tas wrote, women probably just aren't into tech stuff as much as little boys are. (BTW: There is a saying here that goes: "Men mature until the age of six, after that they only get bigger". I think there may be some truth in it )

RandomFact314's gf seems to have a good time eco-cardboard-modding (Cardboard & duct tape fun pics). My wife seems to patiently take all of my ecomodding, sometimes she'll tell me that there was an article in such-and-such newspaper about ecodriving, but she never asks if she can help, and never changes the subject to ecomodding. Maybe she gets more than enough of it from my talking. But she did admit that she's happy with what I'm doing to reduce the amount of fuel we use (her degree and job are both in environmental protection). Since she is still working on her driver's license, she doesn't hypermile, but she has gotten into a few arguments with her instructor about the differences between what he does and what (according to her hubby) he should be doing.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread