View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #143 (permalink)
Istas
is not covered in bees.

Honda - '05 Honda Accord EX
90 day: 27.16 mpg (US)

Insight - '00 Honda Insight w A/C
90 day: 66.55 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to Istas
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

2582 miles. Car loaded down with tools, bike, clothes, computer, and other things. The worst, most sustained, downpours I've ever driven through, in Wyoming. Driving up and down the Black Hills of South Dakota. A whole daylight's worth of crosswinds while travelling across the rest of South Dakota. Getting lost in downtown Minneapolis. And I still averaged 36 mpg.

New personal best single-tank distance of 514 miles. Average for that tank was 38.7 mpg, assuming the fill-up was accurate. I drafted a truck quite a bit for that one.

Worst tank on the trip was 33.7 mpg, still better than my best tank ever before the modifications (which are, to refresh, side mirrors deleted, rear wheel skirts, grille block, short chin airdam, and a partial undertray from the airdam to about 20 inches back (almost 51cm))

It's hard to say, from the difference in gasoline from state to state, and the elevation change, and all the usual variables, but I feel confident in saying that with the mods (including the MPGuino) the fuel economy's gone up at least 10%. I'm happy about that, and I have more mods planned. I'm still not giving up on getting to 42mpg (though I'd be satisfied with 40, I think), but it's going to be a process. I think I have a good start.