View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 03:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj12b View Post
High Guys,

Not the last time I checked...

To answer a few things, The trailing arm area of the car is in very good condition, as well as the windshield pillars.

This is excellent to hear... at least you got a good one!

It is not likely that the funds will be available for a 2 motor setup. But if we were going to be putting in 2 motors, We would probably couple 1 warp 11's instead of buying a dual prebuilt 9" for 5,750.

Why not use a dual motor setup salvaged from something else? Like a couple big forklift motors? Or, if you can find it, a small train tow-rig motor. (Small is a bit of a misnomer, there. :Wink:

I haven't had much time to work on the car this week. Were hoping to get it up on jack stands and some more stuff removed from the underside this weekend. Maybe get the engine out if we can find a place to store it while were waiting for it to sell.

Shouldn't take too long to sell it, someone with an S-Dime surely will want it.

The transmission that is going in the car I believe is rated to 500Hp so I dont think it will be destroyed too easily.

The OEM tranny can handle quite a bit, IIRC. Don't know what tranny you're using, but hopefully it has enough gear to keep the motor low, where it's most efficient.

-Adam