View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 11:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
JRC903
Ecomoddling Trooper

WhiteHonda - '93 Honda Accord 10th special
CAN node for pre-1996 Vehicles

Speaking of the "ScanGauge." I was wondering if anyone within range had any information that might make it possible to build a device that could efficiently become a virtual OBDII connector point/port in pre-1996 vehicles--thereby allowing the user to connect a ScanGauge type device to it and access a small subset of information normally available.

In other worlds, based on recent experience, I think I can create a suitable device interface for acquiring fuel/distance information. I could also, conceivably, handle the task of building the (CAN) Controller Area network node interface--i.e. meeting the electrical and basic interface specifications for CAN. That part does not seem too hard.

However, once the interface is created, I have no way to know exactly what inquiry messages from the scan gauge would need to be responded to---and the necessary format. So on the off chance that someone has intimate knowledge of the Scangauge message format etc, and wishes to share it.. I make this inquiry.