View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 09:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
adamj12b
Master EcoModder

EVVette - '71 Chevy Corvette Coupe
Hi Guys, (I typed the right thing this time )

So the car got put on jack stands last night and we set into the underside. We unbolted the exhaust from the engine. We started taking apart the existing power steering box, and got the transmission lines disconnected. We also got all the engine mount bolts out and all the wires and hoses disconnected. All we need to do now is lift the engine out!

Tonight, I was able to finish removing the exhaust system. I had to cut the exhaust in the center where it goes through the frame. Then it came out in 2 pieces. Not too bad for 15 Mins of work.

Tomorrow we hope to make room out in the little garage so we have a place to put the motor and transmission when we pull it out. If we can make some room, We will be pulling that out tomorrow. I think if we can get that pulled we will be making real good time on the removal of all the ICE components. 2 weekends.

I will upload the 2 time-lapse videos and all the pics from this weekends work, either tomorrow or monday.

I also hope to bring home a shipping scale on monday and weigh all the components except for the engine to get an idea of how much it weighs.

-Adam

You can download RTD Explorer for the Cougar controllers at www.EVVette.com