View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 05:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Xringer
Old Retired R&D Dude

Little Red - '12 Toyota Prius c 2 Two
90 day: 57.82 mpg (US)

"Whitey" Bulger - '14 Toyota RAV4 LE
Ford seems interested..

This might be a pretty good ICE..

"New 2.5-liter Inline-4 Engine

The 2009 Ford Escape comes powered by a new 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine with intake variable cam timing (i-VCT) for enhanced fuel economy and performance, producing 171 hp at 5,800 rpm and 171 lb-ft of torque at 4,500 rpm. The new engine offers an 11 percent increase in power output versus the 2.3-liter (153 hp), resulting in a 1.7-second improvement in 0-60 mph acceleration according to Ford.

The i-VCT technology optimizes the valve timing for performance and efficiency, creating a broader torque curve and delivering increased power and improved fuel efficiency at the same time. The powertrain also incorporates electronic throttle control (ETC). This technology replaces the manual linkage between accelerator and throttle with a control unit that calculates the optimal throttle position from a number of sensors. ETC is a form of the state-of-the-art, drive-by-wire technology. The Ford Escape Hybrid also features a version of this new engine using the fuel-efficient Atkinson Cycle for combustion."

I'm wondering if anyone is hypermiling this model or the 2010 Fusion that uses this ICE and AT??

It would be interesting to see what kind of results they are getting.

Current ride: 2014 RAV4 LE AWD (24 MPG)

Wife's Pizza Transporter