View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 01:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
wagonman76
Master EcoModder

Red Car - '89 Chevrolet Celebrity CL 4 door
Team Chevy
90 day: 36.47 mpg (US)

Winter Wagon - '89 Pontiac 6000 LE Wagon
90 day: 28.26 mpg (US)
Got pulled over last night..but not all bad

Was coming home last night from downstate. Around 10pm, pitch black outside. Going 45-50 in a 55, deer country, not unreasonable for the conditions. A cop followed me for a minute or two, then flicked his headlights off for a second then back on, and then turned on the blue lights. I have been passed by cops since the tail but have yet to see what one would say. He asked if I was driving a Cavalier, I said no it is a Celebrity. He said it was the oddest looking one he had seen. I explained that the tail is solidly attached, and it helps with gas mileage, and I was getting 40 mpg downstate and back with it. Then he asked where I was coming from and where I was going and I told him I had to pick up my daughter in Holton and was headed home, and he asked if I had anything to drink and I just showed him my Faygo Moon Mist. He said the reason he pulled me over was that my plate light was burned out and I should fix it soon. (That was my fault, I knew I had to put it in before venturing into the night, but I had forgotten about it.) I can't take all the credit for the tail, I told him about what Basjoos can get after going all out on mods to a Civic. He seemed rather impressed, and asked if he could take a picture of the tail and I said sure. He actually seemed pretty friendly. He took a pic and went on his way.

So just maybe this might be a start on getting locals interested in saving fuel.

Winter daily driver, parked most days right now

Summer daily driver