View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 05:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
JeremyinIndy
EcoModding Noob

Send a message via Yahoo to JeremyinIndy
Don't get me wrong, I like fast cars that handle like they're on rails, I like built up slow cars that can go anywhere you can point them; but for the piddling along commutes everybody seems to do, it's nice to see someone using the right tool for the job. A trip to the store doesn't take a paris-dakar rally support truck, or a race-prepped firebreathing monster; even if it would be more fun that way, it's overkill.

Come on, they've been aero-modding planes since the 1920s... Now they're just getting much more anal about it. Besides, everybody loves the looks of the new low-drag wings, winglets, smoother fuselages, NACA vents, vortex generators that actually work.... One that I really like is generating vortexes on the trailing edge of the thrust reversers, so that it makes the engines convergent cone seem longer and taper tighter, making it slightly more powerful and quieter.

If an import driver (Ricer) took up aeromodding, would that be the difference between White rice and Long-Grain?