View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 08:52 PM   #63 (permalink)
blownb310
Master EcoModder

Saab EV - '19 Chevy Bolt EV LT

Pierre - '07 ZENN MC2 Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitaimdao View Post
Where's the image?
kitaimdao, the image's been there from the onset. Anyone else having a problem viewing the image?

Here's the feedback I've received from people who remember the car:

"This car was on a 3 cyl SAAB floorpan, the body was wood strips bent around bulkheads and it had urethane foam around the sides of the driver for crash absorbtion. I only remember it racing one or two weekends (Lake George for sure) so it never had a chance to be debugged. The driver was also a new racer. It was nicknamed "The Bananna". Most people made fun of it, but I thought it was quite inovative."

"I remember this car. We called it the Peach Basket. The wood strips were actually woven to make the body. It was SAAB underpinnings. This car was not particularly competitive as it was very light and would get blown around if there was much wind. Remember it was rubber to ice back the [no studded tires]. It was fun to watch as it would bounce off the snowbanks rather than get sucked in, and if you were following it looked huge when it was sideways across the track."

OK, back on topic. I just thought some of you might enjoy the early streamliner. I'd love to have that car today. I'd swap in a Honda VX engine.