View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 10:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
mkiitmr2
EcoModding Lurker

MR2 Turbo - '93 Toyota MR2 Turbo
90 day: 28.28 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McTimson View Post
I'm sure there are instructions somewhere, but I can't find them. It's pretty easy though:
  1. Download and install Arduino 0011 for your operating system here (Make sure it's 0011, not another version)
  2. Copy the code for the MPGuino V.75 (Available here
  3. Plug in the MPGuino via the USB port
  4. Run the Arduino program, and copy the code into the main space
  5. Set the port by clicking Tools -> Serial Port -> COM X, where X is the port you plugged the MPGuino into. Mine was COM 4, it could be any number.
  6. Click the 'Upload to I/O board' in the Arduino program
  7. If it uploads properly, it'll say so at the bottom of the program, something like Upload complete, sketch size xxxx bytes.

That's it. If you're on a Mac, then for some reason, the file will be too large, and you'll have to delete a little bit from the MPGuino code. You should be fine on Windows though.

I am pleased to report that the update went well, no issues(thanks to your detailed instructions)! I am even happier to report that this morning I had my first succesful trip to work without it rebooting or freezing while using a screen that shows instant mpg on it!!!!! I still want to give it a little more time to be 100% sure, but it is looking like reflashing the software did the trick in my case

It is amazing how useful that instant feedback really is, I told myself before that I wouldnt miss it, but I was wrong, already on my first trip I have improved my trip mpg! I'll report back in a few days letting you all know how it is doing for me.

McTimson a big THANK YOU goes out to you.

Erik