View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
nubbzcummins
EcoModding Lurker

The Odyssey Van - '11 Honda Odyssey EX-L
90 day: 29.1 mpg (US)

silver racecar - '13 hyundai accent GS
90 day: 38.8 mpg (US)
Altered my boost sensed by the map sensor on the last short tank to make it sense more boost than is there. I used a 33ohm resistor between the 5v supply and the signal. My signal voltage before at idle was in the 1.27-1.3v range and after the resistor was put in it read .3-.5v higher at idle depending on how warm the engine bay got since this was done under the hood and the heat changes the resistance of the resistor some. Cruising it was also sensing more boost but pulling a grade it would not sense more boost than before(2.3v signal). I ran like this for about 1/2 the miles on a very quick refill and got 21.4mpg which tells me this kills my fuel mileage based on driving like the 21.6mpg tank. I then placed the same resistor between the signal and ground wires to make it sense less boost in the area of 1.17-1.2v in the signal wire. The max signal sensed like this is 1.91v vs 2.3v as before and also senses at least .1v less while cruising. So far this tank is along the lines of being a record mpg tank(22.27mpg) and this is driving the same as my 21.6mpg tank. Check out my fuel logs for details. I will see how this tank turns out before I go to other settings.