View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 02:07 AM   #20 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Troy, Pa.
Posts: 8,919

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Thanks: 1,369
Thanked 430 Times in 353 Posts
That's what you're going to have to do, unless he has an actual R title for it.

If he has an R title, it will look exactly like the title for your car that you drive now, except under "endorsements" or "tags" or whatever, it will have an R.

If he's just got paperwork, it must go through an in depth inspection, after which the mechanic must sign the salvage certificate, and send it, with his report, to the DOT in your state, who will then issue an R title on his recommendation.
"ʞɐǝɹɟ ɐ ǝɹ,noʎ uǝɥʍ 'ʇı ʇ,usı 'ʎlǝuol s,ʇı"

  Reply With Quote