View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 10:02 AM   #30 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Here's a picture of the Kammback from the inside of the car:

I hoped that I could make both skirts on Saturday, then I could go testing at 4am on Sunday, but the job actually spilled over Sunday and I finally finished on Monday. Hopefully next weekend will be nice and get some testing before our trip.

I've already had a drive with the Kammy on Friday and I could notice the difference in two ways. First, when I would need to decelerate I would put it into neutral only to notice that I was decelerating at a slower pace, so I'd have to use the brakes. Second, I'm so used to P&G that I more or less know when to put it back into gear and accelerate again. With the Kammback, when P&G-ing between 50kph and 70 kph I would get into gear when I though I was down to 50kph, only to find that I was still at above 55kph! Today I will do 50-60km with the wheel skirts so the glide will be even longer

PS. I already have 1200km since fill-up and another 100-200km in the tank. And this was done without any mods Maybe a 1600km tank is within reach? What about 2000km?

BTW Am I the only person who sees a similarity in shape between a Kammback:

and an old-fashioned nun's cornet?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kamminside.jpg
Views:	1489
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	3971   Click image for larger version

Name:	kammrear34.jpg
Views:	1487
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	3972   Click image for larger version

Name:	cornet.jpg
Views:	1255
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	3973  

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread

Last edited by Piwoslaw; 08-03-2009 at 11:07 AM..