View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 11:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
Oval_Overload -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oval_Overload View Post
Oh! I like SCarlett

CarloSW2, you read my mind... I've been contemplating ways to rid myself of that awful antenna. Removable plastic body panels for the win!

I do need to do something about those fake ducts, but I don't want to screw up the bumper, as the car only just rolled over 130k, which is considered quite new in my family. Its a 2000, btw.

I'm thinking of putting my switches in the blank space under the radio, though some people put the kill switch on the gearshift. What do you guys recommend?
I agree with Christ that a pilot-switch is a good idea. Here's what I did for other switches :

Custom switch panels... - SaturnFans Forums

If you have a 2000, then your console *might* be different.

I wanted room for Wolfman's (famous saturnfan) radiator fan switch. When my OEM radio went out, I got a cheap Kenwood and an aftermarket stereo dash kit that had room at the bottom for up to 6 switches. I have 3 holes cut, two buttons mounted, and one hole covered. The red circles are for future buttons. The notch in the bottom is for the wires. This way the wires stay attached to the button when I take it apart.

I think I got my dash kit on ebay, but I can't find my exact one right now.

I wouldn't put the kill-switch on this setup because I would want the kill-switch to be alone. I'm not comfortable with a switch on the shifter because I think I would accidentally trip it. But, other people are cool with this, so you may be also.

If your SC1 is a base model, it probably doesn't have CC. However, the *connections* for installing the CC should still be in the steering wheel, so in theory you could route a kill-switch through the CC wiring.

Another option I've thought about is putting the switch on the plastic that covers the steering wheel "trunk" (sorry, don't know the right word). That would make it "near" but not easy to hit by accident.

Oh, and this man is the KING when it comes to care and feeding of your Saturn :

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...6a&view=videos

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society