View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 09:10 PM   #203 (permalink)
johnrobinson
EcoModding Lurker

howdy, I just purchased a 2008 hyundai accent that I plan on modifying for aerodynamics on a long term basis. first a 250 mile baseline recording with a scangauge, then wheel discs, rear wheel skirts, belly pan, then the big one, an extended tail section. I see there are arguments concerning photos and distortion of size while using those measurements/outlines in your program. would taking a floor lamp with a heavy base, attaching a horizontal member above the car and draping a cloth marked in 12 inch (6 inch better?) squares down the center line help alleviate some or all of the problem? I plan on taking photos of just the aft section of the car, as the front I am not going to change. I'll send a photo of the base line carbody for you to use if you want / need. throw it into a data base ifn you want. (although it will take several days until I get a photo etc, as I am still hobbling on crutches from a motorcycle crash...) prolly do it this weekend.. anyway take care and drive careful.