View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 05:34 PM   #69 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,230 Times in 4,656 Posts
vapor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
Of course. (PUN!!!)

The vehicles, the course, the speeds,... everything, not very applicable to the "real world" of the street.

But as a school learning experience for teamwork, product planning and plan execution, nothing else I've ever done in the classroom even came close! And, it gets you thinking.

aerohead, surely you've seen this thing many times since '73. What do you think of it? Have you ever seen the "Vapor" scam exposed? I haven't.
I thought,I hope I have a photo of the cover of book,"200 mpg Carburetors,"published by Lindsey Publications.They walk you through the Pogue,Fish,etc.,carbs which run vapor into the engine.There are 12 designs illustrated in the book.Yes,a Mercury V-8 station wagon can get remarkable mpg! Here's the rub-------------- You must push the car up to 35-mph,start the engine,engage the transmission,and drive 35-mph.You can't go slower,you can't go faster.There is no "transient" driving,you can only drive at a constant 35-mph.------------- And that's the price of these fabulous "vapor" carbs.------------- The book was about $13 US 20-yrs ago.I don't know if they are still in print.A great waste of $13.