View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 12:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Who
UnderModded

Pablo - '07 Hyundai Santa Fe AWD
90 day: 23.62 mpg (US)
The '07 Vibe was #2 on our list when we were emergency car shopping last summer - '97 minivan was totaled and the insurance was playing the pressure game with our transition rental.

As a pure cargo hauler, it's amazing. The back of the front passenger seat has Lowes/Dêpot/RONA written all over it. I wish my much plumper crossover was a good at hauling the goods. A cousin has one (Matrix) and she loves it. The financing and pricing was attractive (Toyota's wasn't) and I've always found GM stood up behind their products, unlike Chrysler and this was built to Toyota's standards. Stick a spare on the back and it would look more like the Rav4 than the Matrix!

Anyway, we wanted to have one of our cars be an auto (I cycle a lot and broken collarbones are common and some guests don't drive manuals if they are borrowing wheels) and the 4A left a bit to be desired. Nice to see that they've improved it. The other issues were that the legroom while being good wasn't great and I'm 6'6 with much of that being legs and find my Accord to be tortuous (although the '8 is great now). The wind noise at highway speeds was a bit of an issue. Finally, with 4 people in place, the 20 cubic feet behind the rear seats was too big of a drop coming from a minivan. It hauls best with one person in it. If I were single, it would be pretty high on my list, although there are many used diesel Smart cars around the Toronto area that would sway me as well.