View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
fidalgoman
EcoModding Lurker

I would like to say we all know that work requires energy. Pushing extra weight, hard acceleration, braking, stop and go, high drag aerodynamics all create the need for work and the extra fuel to accomplish it. I'd like to say we all know, but sadly a vast majority of the people do not. Most of you here know what it takes to save gas. The average driver doesn't know and for that matter doesn't give a rip unless it's painful at the pump. Even then they find a way to justify the pain and believe it doesn't hurt “all” that much.

Asking the government to do something about it is like offering the Mafia a license to do business their way. Most government agencies once established have little incentive to create scenarios where the problem is solved and the need for their agency goes away. Instead you tend to see empire building and larger and larger drains on the economy with the absolute minimum of real progress. Real progress is only going to come from the grass roots. And my friends that is you!