View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 12:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
trebuchet03
MechE

The Miata - '01 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

Everyone should try a bent at least once.
Each type I say But I agree

The Bike-E CLWB will have a much different ride compared to my Hi racer SWB And my Hi racer rides much differently than a mid or low SWB or any other LWB

That is, because you (general) have ridden a 'bent before - that doesn't mean you got the same experience It's somewhat like the difference between a triathlon bike with twitchy fast steering and a touring bike that's less sensitive. Except with 'bents, the differences (even within the same class) vary to a much higher degree

-----
But while we're sharing rescue stories... I just rescued a peltier cooler fridge thinger (I might make a super cool laptop pad). Shortly after bringing it home, I gave my self one HELL OF A SHOCK when I went to touch a heatsink on the control board... Ya,I found the rectification bits and I happened to be holding the metal back plate which was grounded. It freaking knocked me over for a few seconds... Yes, that was dumb - but it didn't kill me as of 30 minutes (now) after