View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 06:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
MoDolph
EcoModding Lurker

Hi all, I too have a 53 plate corsa c 1.2 16V petrol. I have been a long time lurker here at ecomodder and by following advice on driving style alone I have managed to get from an average of 35mpg (29 mpg us) to 55 mpg (46 mpg us) and can now get 450 miles from a tank before the warning light comes on

The things I have done:

1. Bought a scanguage (expensive at £120 but well worth it) got me 5mpg extra.
2. Drive at 55 instead of 70 on the motorway - good for 10-15 mpg
3. Pump up tires to 44 psi - car handles better and glides longer, 2-3 mpg
4. Anticipate the road ahead and coast to red lights, get mad at yourself whenever you have to use the brakes!

The above should be able to get you most of the way there. Things I am yet to try;

1. EOC - I do this sometimes but I'm too scared of damaging the catalytic converter.
2. Any mods.

I have been toying with the idea of aeromodding as most of my driving is on the motorway but the car really belongs to my other half and she's still paying for it so its gonna be hard to convince her that a full boatail is a good idea! I'm going to look into that underbody tray though and the mirrors are HUGE but I dont think removing them is an option in the uk.

I notice your location is Manchester, is that the UK one? If so then thats where I am, it would be nice to know I'm not alone in this city of crazy drivers.