View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 07:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoDolph View Post
I have been toying with the idea of aeromodding as most of my driving is on the motorway but the car really belongs to my other half and she's still paying for it so its gonna be hard to convince her that a full boatail is a good idea!
You can start with smaller, fully removable mods like a grille block and rear wheel skirts, then go all out on the boattail when the car is paid for. What size tires do you have? My Grandma's Corsa came standard with something like 155/70R13 LowCO2 tires. Finding LowRR tires for that car shouldn't be hard.
Quote:
I'm going to look into that underbody tray though and the mirrors are HUGE but I dont think removing them is an option in the uk.
You don't have to remove the passenger side mirror, just keep it folded shut. To be safe you may want to look into local motor laws, but I think they are more or less the same anywhere in the EU. Here a pass side mirror is required only when you can't use the internal mirror. Driver's side, of course, is mandatory, but after paying the car off you might want to think about replacing it with something smaller.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread