View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
bgd73
Banned

oldscoob - '87 subaru wagon gl/dr
90 day: 47.06 mpg (US)
I was the same, it was pretty much v8, v8 v8, evrything else is straining for manliness. A hillbilly attitude. I am rather thin, got asked twice to drive at local racing, I hung out in the pits just one race and changed my mind. I built a chevelle took that to the dragstrip just ince. A wheelie and average times, and never went back. I peaked off with a 165mpph monte carlo SS, me and some friends built, and my very next car was a 3 main boxer. The ecomod stuff is way beyond racing mentally. fuel can do amazing things with the right engine. I wasn't much for ecomod, unitl I realized the physics I was truly after naturally was an ecomod. I have had 3 main bearing subarus for the last 13 years..when they are done in my life, I won't be hanging out here much. Nothing has an excuse after the genius of those engines...nor thier extinction.
Thier is a true winner after all...in every category.

I can't say as I am a slow driver, I hope to never have to hurt my own skill and pace of mind trying to ecomod, as I said, no 3 main boxer? I won't even bother talking anymore.