View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 01:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
bgd73
Banned

oldscoob - '87 subaru wagon gl/dr
90 day: 47.06 mpg (US)
thanks for replies. the skateboard wheel idea, I have heard of it, and forget.
The epoxy stuff, I use it for light duty, fast repairs, my pc duct for example.

The engineering books could be helpful. I am a habit of net only, making me a bit slow with the subject...no clue where to begin. thanks for book idea.

I did find on the net, there is indeed hardness ratings, temperature. I would love to make my own bushings for a sube, but it seems my welding revealed stuff similar to boron, and bushings so perfectly petrified I don't want to replace them.
I guess "psi" is just another way about urethane, 2 part chemistry.

found an excellent site, the author knew what I was asking

http://www.gallaghercorp.com/urethan...hardness.shtml

two urethanes, the same hardness on a durometer, tensile strgth 100% different than the other..exactly what I was seeking answers for. I also found two different sets of directions for the clear coat on the car, there is a 4:1 and a 2:1, I went with 2:1 mix, and it seems I could throw a rock at it after just 2-3 days. I am keeping an eye on the door jam seams to spot shrinkage, like the rockers did, but the old urethane was still on the job I was doing and it seems I just added to it. In car ecomod relation, a squishy body is non-economical one. I am glad to have chosen the hardest mixture, it is still taking its time with discipline as far as calming the area painted. good stuff.

Last edited by bgd73; 08-12-2009 at 01:09 AM..