View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 01:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysp30 View Post
Last chance to get it on ecomodder first. I will be posting this to the local craigslist sometime this week. It would be a shame to have some high school kid buy it and make it into a racer car.

As an added bonus (that I just forgot to put earlier) it does come with another muffler, which I was told cost over $800 to get the attachment that made it sound like a lawnmower. It also comes with a cold air intake if you would rather have that over the stock airbox.

If you can sell the muffler and tailpipe, the cost of this car will go down considerably.
If some ricer paid $800 for a fart can, he got ripped off. He then lied to you. It probably cost about $80, including installation.

Selling it and the CAI will net about $100 on a good day, so "considerably" is not a good term to use there.

Consider that the average cat-back system for CRX's goes for under $300 anymore, brand new.

Frankly, I still maintain that $1200 is WAY too high for a CRX with 200,000 miles and a 62HP 8 valve FI engine, unless it's literally in MINT condition, with NO RUST at all. Even then, I'd have a hard time with that price, considering that there are clean ones going with less miles for ~$700.