View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 11:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
mcmahon.craig
Needz Moar Jiggawatts

So I found the camera

Now, like an idiot, I forgot to take before pictures. So you'll have to assume my work was an improvement.

First pushed the car onto the driveway so I could open all four doors at the same time. Handy.

The seats had to come out, and with much ado, the front seats finally gave. Four screws in each one. Broke 6/8. Eventually thought to drill the heads properly instead of using a sawzall - after dad suggested it. (I have much to learn.)

Turns out pretty much nothing actually holds in the rear seat cushions. Just a couple of wire hooks. Easy peasy. Incidentally, anyone concerned about new car bloat? The rear seats weigh probably like 40lbs all up. The rear bench in our van weighs more like 150. Yikes.

Previously I wanted to know how much floorboard I had left. Turns out: most of it! Under the seats and stuff the floors are PERFECT, paint and everything intact. Yay! But forward of the front seats not so sure yet.

And then, at the end of the day, ya gotta keep the neighbours happy. We pushed the car back into the garage using the Elec-Trak. Dad drove, I took pictures.

That's all for today. Unfortunately I leave for school tomorrow and can't work on the car except when I'm here for weekends and stuff.

Last edited by mcmahon.craig; 08-14-2009 at 11:23 PM.. Reason: Typo