View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 09:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
taredog
EcoModding Lurker

pickup - '01 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 Sport
90 day: 16.35 mpg (US)

Focus - '16 Ford Focus SE
90 day: 31.46 mpg (US)
Like my house...only a little different

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snax View Post
Right now, my oldest is playing the Playstation2 on 27" TV, virtually every light in our downstairs is on, mostly thanks to our 4-year old, the refrigerator is currently running. I SWEAR I'M GOING TO PUT 15 MINUTE TIMERS ON EVERYTHING IN THIS HOUSE!!! Grrr . .

2600 kWh this last month.

Any takers on betting my garage lights actually got turned off at all during the day today?
I come home from work, every light in the house is on, all ceiling fans, all exhaust fans, a 21 and a 27 in TV and at least one computer. The garage lights are off only if no one went out there while I was at work.

The difference: family of two. Three counting the dog but she doesn't turn on electrical things and I believe thinks they are "evil" at some level. She does seem to enjoy lying under fans and A/C vents.

The timer switch for the garage light is a great idea that I've never gotten around to. Timer switches for the exhaust fans good idea also. I installed a programmable thermostat but someone quickly discovered how to over ride that so always set at 77 tho the agreed on compromise was 78. I am constantly turning up the temp in the fridge when I find things partially or fully frozen. I could go on, and just might.

Just letting you know you are not alone Snax. Maybe I need to start a thread titled: "How to educate other members of the family to conserve without a fight and/or being accused of abusiveness"

Latest bill was 1978 kW. Lowest this calendar year in Jan 968. Interestingly May this year 1200 while wife was away, last year 1900.