View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 12:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
TempoRacer
EcoModding Lurker

Send a message via MSN to TempoRacer
Lightbulb NEW project in the works 1993 2 door tempo

Well I'm new here And this is my first real post.

well I was planing to make a race car out of it but its too solid and would be a crime to do so. so i will be doing a different kind of mod on it it will be a PWE mod . I will be taking the automa**** tranny out and instaling a 4 speed tranny with a final gear of 2.85 to 1 , that will make this V6 engine
not rev like a race car engine on the highway. the V6 5 speed tranny comes out with a 3.58 or 3.52 to 1 and that makes it rev over 3k at highway speeds.

I will clean the car up paint it and take out all the unnesasary items like insulation and stuff like that . I would like to make it lose lots of weight
I need this car to be good on gas I want to get 50mpg+ with it and even more if posible , I don't really care for the power I will even instal a small mufler.

I will make it my dailly driver winter and summer it will save wear and tear on my pick up truck. I have bought a few parts for this project.

so tell me what you guys think and if you have a few ideas well post them here. I will be updating with pics from time to time.

FRANK The Mechanic

here are a few pics of the car un touch , I have not started to work on the car has to date but I have a few new parts for it .