View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 03:29 AM   #27 (permalink)
Frank Lee
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taredog View Post
I come home from work, every light in the house is on, all ceiling fans, all exhaust fans, a 21 and a 27 in TV and at least one computer. The garage lights are off only if no one went out there while I was at work.

The difference: family of two. Three counting the dog but she doesn't turn on electrical things and I believe thinks they are "evil" at some level. She does seem to enjoy lying under fans and A/C vents.

The timer switch for the garage light is a great idea that I've never gotten around to. Timer switches for the exhaust fans good idea also. I installed a programmable thermostat but someone quickly discovered how to over ride that so always set at 77 tho the agreed on compromise was 78. I am constantly turning up the temp in the fridge when I find things partially or fully frozen. I could go on, and just might.

Just letting you know you are not alone Snax. Maybe I need to start a thread titled: "How to educate other members of the family to conserve without a fight and/or being accused of abusiveness"

Latest bill was 1978 kW. Lowest this calendar year in Jan 968. Interestingly May this year 1200 while wife was away, last year 1900.
WOW, that would power my house a whole year!!! Not exaggerating!!!

I think I may have the solution to your problem! Make her pay the bill.