View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 02:51 PM   #254 (permalink)
Matt Herring
Master EcoModder

Bone's 2010 Prius - '10 Toyota Prius Black
90 day: 56.78 mpg (US)
Here's a couple pics of my EBH peeking out from my front grill. I prefer to leave it in the sideways position but the receptor out position is fine too.

I plugged my EBH in today before my commute to work just for an hour to see if it would have any impact on engine temps and it did not for that amount of time. In 78 degree ambient temps the engine was at 112 degrees at startup with the EBH plugged in for an hour. In comparison, the other day it was 86 degrees ambient temp and my startup temp without the EBH was 123 degrees. As you can see, the EBH had no impact on engine start up temps with an hour of time logged. Will try 3 hours EBH time before I head home from work today to see if it impacts temps at all...guessing not as it will be about 75 degrees when I depart.

In regards to the Gen III EBH install Wayne said the process is about 45 minutes for him to do it compared to about 15 minutes for the Gen II's for him. Apparently the hole the EBH goes into for the Gen III is somewhat blocked by other parts and it's a bigger job to get it in the Gen III.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ebhplug1.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	4009   Click image for larger version

Name:	ebhplug2.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	4010