View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 09:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
jasonck08
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentraSE-R View Post
I wouldn't even drive a car for two miles. I'd walk it. Except that it's 110º. For that, I might ride a bicycle, or take the bus. It sounds really stupid to me to drive a car regularly on a mere two mile drive.

Buying a new car isn't going to improve the situation. An electric bicycle - that's the ticket.
Haha… you live in the bay area. Here mass transit is a joke. There are busses that go a couple places and take off every 30 minutes. Part of my job involves carrying a guitar and amp around. That’s 60lbs of gear. No way in hell I’m going to walk around with that stuff in 110 heat. Walking is usually not an option for me. Riding my motorcycle is an option, and I do it a couple days a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
How exactly are you P&Ging?

I'd be inclined to suggest working on the basics before working on P&G, particularly in an automatic (you may be damaging it if you're coasting with the engine off).

Biggest piece of advice: get instrumentation. ScanGauge is obviously not an option, but an MPGuino is. Way cheaper than a new car, too!

Not impossible, but depends on the details. One person's "city" environment is not everyone else's.
I guess by I’m not really P&G’ing just Gliding when I can. If I observe a red light in front of me then I’ll glide. I don’t turn the engine off ever.

MPGuino looks interesting… I didn’t know there was such a thing that could work on older cars like mine that are not all computerized.

Any suggestions on where to buy one? I googled it and they seem like there only $39!