View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 11:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
zjrog
Ecomod noob

ZJ - '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Upcountry
90 day: 20.57 mpg (US)

Neon - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 33.46 mpg (US)

S'Crew - '02 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT
90 day: 16.4 mpg (US)

Ranger - '90 Ford Ranger
Last 3: 28.02 mpg (US)

Not the Jeep - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 34.11 mpg (US)
Bought a regular adult trike for my wife. She has significant balance issues. First thing I notice, the riding position SUCKS! Seattube lays back a lot. I might have to get a longer post and have it tweaked. I KNOW its not a bike, but comeon... The trike is a Miami Sun, has a 3 speed internal geared hub with a coaster brake. It rolls on 24" wheels, the coaster brake hub acts as a jackshaft and has a gear attached instead of a flange for spokes, which drives the rear shaft with the right rear wheel fixed to the shaft, the left rear hub has sealed bearings and spins on the shaft. Anyway, my wife loves it, and isn't doing too bad. THis coming weekend we'll see how she does on a bike path loop...

Tandem. Still on track. Had a couple more pressing projects to clear up. Ordering the tubing this week. Enough to run a tube between bottom brackets, another from the headtube on the front to the bottom bracket of the second bike, and to stretch the top tube of the second bike. Will get some pics as the carnage/er/construction begins...