View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 12:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
rwyler
Ecomodder "Lite"

Redbox - '86 Honda Civic Si
90 day: 37.46 mpg (US)
SiGuy - Don't waste your time and money with a "smack booster". There is nothing free in life. Thanks for the honda automotive parts website, there is some useful stuff on there, however the shift components I needed are not there.

Honda Automotive Parts

The portion I've been looking for is number 14 here, and I only need the bushings for the front clevis on that part. That site (and most others) don't even list 14 as being available, and the junkyards I consulted either had nothing or overpriced worn out units, so I just pulled the thing apart and put plastic spacers from Lowes in there to fill the gap (I "machined" them with my bench grinder and a handheld drill). It's been going strong for about 8 months now but I know I'll have to redo it sooner or later. However the fix cost about $6 and took about 2 hours to complete total, so I can do it every 6 months until the car is shot and not be too put out, especially since the car will probably be shot in about 6 months.

Does anyone have a good way to "repair" rusted out floorpans? The original owner opted for or was forced to buy rustproofing, and wherever the rustproofing goo was applied is now fully rusted out. Hilariously, the parts with just the factory paint are almost like new. It looks like the rustproofer did a fine job of holding moisture against the metal it was adhered to. Anyway, the floor pans are pretty much shot but the actual "frame" of the unibody is pretty good. I was just going to rivet some old stop signs or something in there for now, does anyone have a good tip or trick on how to keep from accidentally going fred flintstone some day?