View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 10:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
drimportracing
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks everyone for the return welcome.

Concerning the XFi cam: I've thought about it but it is a few items down on the list of wants.

I have turned .060" off the cam lobes and milled .060" off the head to increase compression which helps improve bottom end torque noticeably compared to my friends stock 93 convertible. You have to press a sleeve (plus 2 set screws) around the stock timing belt tensioner to take out the excess slack of the belt because of the lower cylinder head/camshaft.

I would like to do:

Rear fender skirts, cover the front fascia and do a total belly pan. (I made front grill covers which where stolen with an extra 5 speed transmission from my carport/shop back in mid May) (bought an additional 3cyl engine and 5sp trans from Pull-A-Part for $215, pulled in 1.5 hours, locked in basement )

Install a MPGuino (not electrically competent/confident)

Front fender skirts.

Make a solar power/removable hardtop in a Kammback design.

Find the two smooth hubcaps I lost last December when I crossed the railroad tracks way too fast last year. If you see them they were only a month old and where still shiny.

Install a hot intake manifold with recirculating hot water (another Metro friend uses one and gets 74mpg, uses no hypermiling techniques other than slow driving)

Lighten the crankshaft and flywheel, find an XFi ECU and camshaft

Install a transmission from a 4 door metro with the better final drive ratio.

Anyway it's a list. - Dale