View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 12:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Bank repo'd it with about $4000 in payments left. It's a deal where the person was trying to renovate while living there, but the place should have been condemned from day one. The bank got more than their money's worth from the guy making the payments, he missed one by a few days, they repo'd the house, sold it to the church next door, who is going to level it and make a parking lot, without regard to waste of usable materials or environmental issues with "plowing it under". They do want the siding, though... another chance to make some money.

The church bought the house/land (postage stamp yard) from the bank for $10,000, then sold a contract to my friend for $300 to "salvage what he could". I wasn't informed that I should go down and get on it until just a couple weeks ago... he's started a full time job and hasn't been able to make it down there, and the kids that he hired to do the job took all the easy money (copper wiring, etc.) and flaked on him. They burned the wiring off right there in the driveway.