View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 08:46 AM   #2192 (permalink)
sawickm
ReVolt Enthusiast

Adam's New Controller

Hi Adam,

Again good work !!!

I just want to second what “edown” stated, the base (metal tabs) of the TO-247 packages need to mounted directly to the surface of the heatsink on your new clamped HS power PCB concept. Looking at your photos it is difficult to verify that !!!

I have been following your EVvette project and wanted to ask you this, could you use several (2 or 3) of your new clamped HS 600A power PCB’s in parallel with your modified EVvette controller PCB with (3) FET driver outputs, and (3) remote MOSFET driver PCB’s combined for a 1800A controller ? Would this work if you cabled the (3) paralleled clamped HS 600A power PCB assemblies together to a remote machined forked copper output terminal with the current sensor like on your EVvette power PCB ??? If you could this concept allow you to build a 600A, 1200A, 1800A controller depending on the enclosure used and could be heatsinked or water cooled of course !!!

I do not have an active EV project going right now that I could use your new clamped HS power PCB on. But I might be able to contribute to your new clamped HS 600A power PCB build for your golf cart project. ?

If interested email me at: sawickm@gmail.com