View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #45 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimepting View Post
The first full page of Google results for the Honda Dream 2 were for a motorcycle. I guess there might be a PV race car somewhere in the other pages. I'll take your word for it

We really don't disagree all that much, otherwise I wouldn't have bought the Insight in the first place. I'd love to have a workspace to try some of the things you mention, those that wouldn't permanently damage the car.
We've kicked around the idea of using some of the "soft-touch" bicycle racks as Thule and others manufacture,as a foundation for mods.These systems are so good,they provide a sturdy base without the need to "penetrate" the vehicle's sheetmetal or plastic fascias.------------ Something like that might allow you to affix a lightweight shell to the car with no risk to the finish.--------- It's possible to mock-up a prototype completely with cardboard and 2-inch masking tape.A coat of polyester resin followed by wet layups of fiberglass cloth/mat/cloth can produce a very durable structure.-------------- If you don't have space at home,you might find a shop which would allow you to use a little floor space for a project.----------- I covered the floor of my apartment in Dallas with 8-mil poly sheet and pulled off all kinds of projects when I lived there.Got all my deposit back too! Creativity will open doors.