Thread: How Numerous?
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 07:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant!

CR-EX - '12 Honda CR-Z EX
Send a message via Yahoo to bluetwo
I'm surprised to see people say there probably aren't that many, then again it may be largely because of perspective. I've just recently starting looking at regularly visited boards and articles on-line and I've been surprised to find that there are a lot more than I thought.

An example of what I'm talking about is by going on PriusChat | Toyota Prius Forums, News, and Accessories I've found that there are a LOT, and I do mean LOT of lurkers going there. WAY more in fact lurk there rather than join up and post on the board and that was a real surprise. Granted, I get it! You can't completely tell who is and isn't just by looking because there are a lot of folks who jumped on the hybrid train just to carry the look or stigma of being "that way" or whatever it is people call it. Yet again, there are a lot of folks who drive an unlikely vehicle for economy yet they are doing the best they can to get the most out of that vehicle and may even have a few mods to support the MPG endeavor. I'm one in fact, because I drive my GMC Canyon quite a bit when I have to travel but when I'm not in some random city, most of the time I'm in Augusta, GA in fact - that's when I drive my little respectable Civic.

Another thing to consider, is if you saw me for example again, you might not think for a second that I know how to drive conservatively, but the fact is I simply can't go around hypermiling all the time because things happen, I become late unexpectedly no matter how much I prepare sometimes and that's when I have to haul ass unfortunately.